Software / Instructions / Operation
MoonLite offers both Non ASCOM Software programs and a universal ASCOM driver to operate all MoonLite focusers and controllers.
- MoonLite Stepper motor Software / operation instructions for the Mini V2 controller and DRO dual port display controller can be downloaded here: High Res Stepper Motor Combo 2015
- MoonLite Software and Troubleshooting guide can be downloaded here:
MoonLite Software download and troubleshooting guides
- MoonLite Motor hardware options can be seen here: http://focuser.com/motorfocus.php
- MoonLite Single Focuser V18.104.22.168 - Is an Non ASCOM Focuser Control Program for "Manual" focus control using a PC. No ASCOM is required. It works with all MoonLite brand SINGLE PORT controllers such as the current Mini V2 controller, original Mini controller, and original DRO Display single port controller.
- MoonLite Dual Focuser V22.214.171.124 - Is an Non ASCOM Focuser Control Program for "Manual" focus control of 2 focusers using a PC. No ASCOM is required. It works with MoonLite's Dual port DRO display controller only. Please note, it will not work with two single port controllers.
- MoonLite Dual Rotator V126.96.36.199 - Is an Non ASCOM Focuser Control Program for "Manual" focus / rotator control of one focusers with both a focuser motor and rotator installed using a PC. No ASCOM is required. This software only works with MoonLite's Dual port DRO display controller.
MoonLite Stepper Motor Belt Rotator installation document can be downloaded here:
Stepper motor Belt Rotator
MoonLite Stepper Motor Belt Rotator hardware installation video can be seen here:
- MoonLite 32/64 bit universal ASCOM driver requires ASCOM Platform 6.0 and can be downloaded here:
MoonLite DRO Setup.zip
Our one driver works with all controllers and focuser configurations, Single port, Dual port, and Rotator.
TheSKYX Pro has a direct plug in for MoonLite Mini V2 controllers and Nitecrawler focusers.
See Daily Build to download.
- How to configure the MoonLite ASCOM driver to run 2 separate focusers instead of a focuser with a rotator:
- Setting up your MoonLite with FocusMax Online tutorial
- All controllers require a modern Uart driver to connect to the PC using the USB port. If you are using an older PC or it is not connecting, please download the
lastest drivers from: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
- MoonLite Driver for Linux - INDI is a cross-platform system
designed for automation and control of astronomical instruments. INDI drivers are available for MoonLite Focusers. INDI supports autoguiding & autofocus and runs on
multiple clients such as KStars, and Sky Charts. Read more about INDI and download the latest version directly from the INDI Web Site.
MoonLite NiteCrawler NC_v1_1_11 software Is an Non ASCOM Focuser Control Program for operating the NiteCrawler 2 axis rotating worm drive focusers. No ASCOM is required to operate the focuser with this utility program. The Beta ASCOM driver and Beta SKYX Pro Direct plugin can be downloaded below.
NiteCrawler non ASCOM utility program - NC_v1_1_12.zip
NiteCrawler Beta ASCOM driver NiteCrawler-Setup.zip
For a look at the new NiteCrawler proto types, see Video here:
For preliminary information see document here: NITECRAWLER.docx