Software / Instructions / Operation
MoonLite offers both Non ASCOM Software programs and a universal ASCOM driver to operate all MoonLite focusers and controllers.
- MoonLite Stepper motor Software / operation instructions for the Mini V2 controller and DRO dual port display controller can be downloaded here: High Res Stepper Motor Combo 2015
- MoonLite Mini V2 controller Quick Guide can be downloaded here: Mini V2 Quick Guide
- MoonLite Software and Troubleshooting guide can be downloaded here:
MoonLite Software download and troubleshooting guides
- MoonLite Motor hardware options can be seen here: http://focuser.com/motorfocus.php
- MoonLite Single Focuser V1.4 - Is an Non ASCOM Focuser Control Program for "Manual" focus control using a PC. No ASCOM is required. It works with all MoonLite brand SINGLE PORT controllers such as the current Mini V2 controller, original Mini controller, and original DRO Display single port controller.
- MoonLite Dual Focuser V184.108.40.206 - Is an Non ASCOM Focuser Control Program for "Manual" focus control of 2 focusers using a PC. No ASCOM is required. It works with MoonLite's Dual port DRO display controller only. Please note, it will not work with two single port controllers.
- MoonLite Dual Rotator V220.127.116.11 - Is an Non ASCOM Focuser Control Program for "Manual" focus / rotator control of one focusers with both a focuser motor and rotator installed using a PC. No ASCOM is required. This software only works with MoonLite's Dual port DRO display controller.
MoonLite Stepper Motor Belt Rotator installation document can be downloaded here:
Stepper motor Belt Rotator
MoonLite Stepper Motor Belt Rotator hardware installation video can be seen here:
- MoonLite 32/64 bit universal ASCOM driver requires ASCOM Platform 6.0 and can be downloaded here:
MoonLite DRO Setup.zip
Our one driver works with all controllers and focuser configurations, Single port, Dual port, and Rotator.
TheSKYX Pro has a direct plug in for MoonLite Mini V2 controllers and Nitecrawler focusers.
See Daily Build to download.
- How to configure the MoonLite ASCOM driver to run 2 separate focusers instead of a focuser with a rotator:
- Setting up your MoonLite with FocusMax Online tutorial
- All controllers require a modern Uart driver to connect to the PC using the USB port. If you are using an older PC or it is not connecting, please download the
lastest drivers from: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
- MoonLite Driver for Linux - INDI is a cross-platform system
designed for automation and control of astronomical instruments. INDI drivers are available for MoonLite Focusers. INDI supports autoguiding & autofocus and runs on
multiple clients such as KStars, and Sky Charts. Read more about INDI and download the latest version directly from the INDI Web Site.
NiteCrawler focusers can be operated with ASCOM, Moonlite's Utility program, and the SKYX direct plug in.
MoonLite NiteCrawler Utility Program is a Non ASCOM Focuser Control Program for operating the NiteCrawler 2 axis rotating worm drive focusers. No ASCOM is required to operate the focuser with this utility program. This program operates all 3 sizes of Nitecrawlers, WR25, WR30, and WR35 format.
NiteCrawler non ASCOM utility program - NC_v1_1_12.zip
NiteCrawler and LiteCrawler ASCOM driver version 6.2.6616 ( works with all 3 NiteCrawler format sizes) updated 02-12-2018
NiteCrawler ASCOM driver NiteCrawler Setup 6.2.6616.zip
NiteCrawler ASCOM Driver help PDF
TheSKYX Direct plug in. (See Daily Build on SB site) Works great !
NiteCrawler Driver for Linux - INDI is a cross-platform system designed for automation and control of astronomical instruments. INDI drivers work with all 3 size Nitecrawler rotating focusers. INDI supports autoguiding & autofocus ,Rotation, and runs on multiple clients such as KStars, and Sky Charts. Read more about INDI and download the latest version directly from the INDI Web Site.
Setting up your NiteCrawler with SGP
1) Select the "NiteCrawler Focuser" and "NiteCrawler Rotator" in the corresponding areas of the SGP Sequencer Window:
2) For Auto Focus you will likely need to increase your step size considerably because of the extremely fine resolution of the NiteCrawler. (previously this setup required 50 steps and is now at 1500). A more in depth discussion for determining auto focus parameters can be found here:
3) Next test the rotation direction of your setup. Moving from 0-30 degrees should cause the rotator to move clockwise as viewed from behind. If this is not the case reverse the direction inside of the ascom driver:
For a look at the new NiteCrawler Focusers, see Video here:
For NiteCrawler / TAK refractor installation, See Video here: